2011年9月15日木曜日

Webcam!

Hello!

I want talk about webcam.


Everyone know what the webcam is but..
Webcam is the video camera that allows you to share your live video of yourself with others using internet.
According to the article "The history of the Internet in a Nutshell", first webcam introduced by Cambridge University in 1991, and the purpose of the webcam was monitor the state of coffee pot to avoid pointless trip to coffee room...lazy



Today webcam allows us to have meeting with people in a long distance and to watch live broadcast online, and even it is used as a security camera.
It is also helpfull for deaf people as webcam allows them to communicate using sign language.


Webcam is such an awesome tool I thought when I was a high school student!
I was in Texas for about a year, and I had a great time there with my American friends.
But time to go back to Japan came..
I was so sad to leave there and really didn't wanna go back to Japan.

I really missed everyone including my host family, friends, and my teachers when I got back to Japan.
At that time, I did not have webcam, so I asked my dad to buy one for me.

I was so happy to see my friends through my webcam!
Not only the image of my friends shows up, I could actually talk!

Thanks to such a advanced tools like email, webcam and skype, I still keep in touch with everyone.
I also have to thank to the silly and lazy purpose of the first webcam too :p

4 件のコメント:

  1. It's interesting when reading your post and realising that I've gone through several computers and laptops but not once have I bought a webcam. Then I realised that in place of a "webcam" I've actually had several devices with built-in cameras and such that mimics (replicates) what a webcam essentially does in the first place. Integration of technology! i.e. Is phone with a hi-tech camera a phone, or a camera?? :D

    返信削除
  2. To be honest I've never even USED a webcam.
    But is that a picture of the original video filmed??? AWESOME!

    返信削除
  3. My family certainly has appreciated webcams and Skype over the recent years. This technology has made it possible for my parents back in America to regularly get to see and talk to their granddaughters.

    I remember as a child reading about "video telephones" in science fiction stories. Back then, it was just considered an imagined future technology. It's interesting to see how so many such "fantasy" ideas have become reality over such a short time.

    返信削除
  4. Very informative and impressive post you have written, this is quite interesting and i have went through it completely, an upgraded information is shared, keep sharing such valuable information. Live Webcam

    返信削除